Feb 3, 2012

how to change language in netbeans


First of all, Let me show you my environment.
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
NetBeans7.1 64bit
Java 1.6 64bit

Now, I just changed my job and need to prepare new development environment. So I downloaded and installed NetBeans 7.1 English ver. But you know what I'm in Japan. So smart IDE, NetBeans, shows Japanese menu for me. It's cool But I'm Korean and I prefer to use it in English. As you know Java supports all of languages int the world.(It may be not.) Anyway, I asked Google Sensei.

Fortunately, I got one shot. Read the following URL.

It tells me use locale option like following.

  • "C:\Program Files\NetBeans 7.1\bin\netbeans.exe" --locale en:US



I just add this option to shortcut property. OK. It works. But I want another way. Because I want to write Blog. :) I asked G Sensei again in Japanese. Sensei shows me other ways. Here is my solution.

Add language option to netbeans.conf file. This file is located in ↓ if you installed it in default path

  • C:\Program Files\NetBeans 7.1\etc


Open it just add user.language=en to netbeans_default_options item. I show you my configuration.
(I don't change locale, cause I live in Japan ^^)

netbeans_default_options="-J-client -J-Xss2m -J-Xms32m -J-XX:PermSize=32m -J-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true -J-Dapple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz=true -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -J-Dsun.zip.disableMemoryMapping=true -J-Duser.language=en"

It is for English. kr for Korean ja for Japanese and cn for Chinese, Sorry since don't know other languages I can't show you other options. Anyway now you got another option to change language in NetBeans. If you are smart(I BELIEVE YOU ARE), you can change language in other IDE like Eclipse, IntelliJ and etc.

YOU WANT Japanese page? Just click the following URL.

No comments: